Thursday, January 26, 2012

Afterbirth Day

And so, here is a long overdue post about my birthday gift from my beautiful friend, (and also cousin - a strange coincidence if there ever was one!), Sally.


Tank from Sirens, necklace from Forever XXI, with the Kasabian concert ticket.
      There are some moments when you really realize just how much someone means to you with such a strong level of clarity that it stops all of your other thought processes in recognition of that emotion's strength. Oftentimes this happens to me at random, but with Sally it is quite regular. She truly has the most beautiful quality to her - in a word, she is special. Not in the way in which that word is usually overused, but in the sense that she is different, unique, better.
       Which goes to say that receiving such a well-thought out and loving gift from her really is so valued. I could not believe how much thought went into what she got me - it was quite perfect, actually. Below are close-ups of the top and necklace, but on April 9th shall be the day when the Kasabian ticket shall come to fruition, and a blog post shall be dedicated to that! We've both loved Kasabian for a very long time seperately, and to see them together is going to be one helluva concert.




   In addition, my Christmas gift was received at the same time. Since it was my choice of a candle, we decided to make a date where I could follow the delicate sensibilities of my well-flared nostrils and decide upon my scent of choice. What I came to love was the Voluspa "Black Figue and Chypre" scent - it is a deliciously sweet and musky smell....It reminds me of old books, firesides and bouquets of earthen flowers.

No comments: